If you are 13 or older, you have a wonderful opportunity to volunteer at the Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child Processing Center in Southern California. This is an amazing and huge operation to process donated Christmas Child Shoe boxes. The jobs include checking the boxes for inappropriate items, taping boxes, lifting heavy boxes, scanning and fixing broken boxes etc... The jobs are in an assembly line in small groups and require standing the entire time (except for breaks). We will carpool as possible or as you feel comfortable. This year our reservations are for 5 hours.
Adults who sign up may be asked to drive other students along with your own but this is optional.
Where: Samaritan's Purse Southern California Processing Center is in Fullerton this year. The address is 4200 Bonita Place, Fullerton CA 92835 See map below
Date: Wednesday, December 2nd, 1-6PM
Who: CFS members ages 13 years or older (no exceptions per Samaritan's purse) We need minimum of 1 Adult for every 4 kids.
Covid 19 precautions are as follows:
- Volunteers are required to wear a mask at all times and use hand sanitizer.
- Samaritan’s Purse will provide masks and optional gloves for all staff and volunteers who serve in a processing center.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the facilities.
- The temperature of all volunteers will be checked upon arrival and staff temperatures will be monitored daily as well.
- Designated staff will clean and sanitize the properties frequently.
- Our newly-developed processing procedures will allow volunteers and staff to social distance while serving with those from other groups.
- Volunteer group leaders will receive additional information regarding how to prepare for COVID-19 modifications prior to arrival.
- Procedures may be customized per processing center based on local guidelines and restrictions.
- If changes to your schedule are required due to local COVID-19 conditions, we will communicate as quickly and thoroughly as possible through volunteer group leaders and updates to this webpage.
To participate, fill out and send the names of each person in your family planning to go below. You will then be immediately directed to the Samaritan Purse website to enter the names and fill out the waivers there in order to expedite our group’s registration on the day of the event.
You are also welcome to bring filled shoeboxes with you on the day of the event!
Questions: Contact Sylvia at firstname.lastname@example.org